Tuesday, May 26, 2020

I broke my plateau!!!!

I started my weight loss journey back in January because I noticed my weight ballooning up and I couldn’t stand any pictures of myself anymore. I’m F 5’ 2” SW 167 and I felt absolutely disgusting. Throughout January and March I lost 10 pounds by starting to run, weight lifting, and tracking what I eat. I then got sick for about a month and a half so I wasn’t exercising as much but I was still eating healthy and because I was sick on and off with the flu and respiratory infections I was naturally eating less so I lost a bit there (I don’t recommend trying to get sick to lose weight though nor was I really trying during this time I was focused on getting better). Quarantine started March 13 for me and since then I have been teetering between 153 and 151 and it seemed like a never ending cycle. But today I stepped on the scale and I am FINALLY 150!! I don’t think I have been happier during this journey than I have felt today and I finally feel motivated again! Things that helped me the most:

• An Apple Watch. I know this is a very privileged thing to own and I acknowledge that that is not a reality for everybody nor is any sort of fitness tracker, but the idea of closing my rings every day and trying to beat the day before has been really motivating for me. If you don’t have access to a fitness tracker of some kind, I recommend writing down your activity minutes each day and finding exercises that work best for you and your mental health and setting competitions with yourself so you can keep motivated when you beat your goals.

•I turned fitness into being about my mental health not my physical appearance. Yes, I have aesthetic goals for myself but having an ED in the past, I couldn’t focus on those or else I’d spiral and that’s 100% what started to happen back in March/April which I believe partly lead to this plateau. Instead this was about taking my health both physical and mental into my hands, not the hands of my ED

•I overhauled my diet but I don’t deprive myself. I love ice cream it’s my favorite food and I eat it every single night, but I’m no longer finishing a pint in one sitting. I measure out a serving, make sure it fits into my caloric goal for the day, and it satisfies that craving. It helps me to eat healthy but still allows myself the things that bring me joy

•I’m figuring out the foods that upset my stomach and cause excess bloating. I have a lot of health problems that center around my GI tract and elsewhere that make eating really difficult for me. With the consultation of a doctor we are figuring out which foods I can actually eat and digest and which foods I can’t because that was a big factor in me not being able to lose weight.

TL;DR: I broke my 3 month plateau by changing my mindset and not depriving myself of things that bring me joy. Setting goals that I can beat, putting my goals on paper or in some physical space, and eating the right amount of food, but also allowing myself foods that make me happy and satisfy myself. Make this about your mental health and well-being. You are doing this for YOU and nobody else because at the end of the day it’s your body, not anybody else’s. I know it’s only one pound past that plateau but that’s one pound closer to my goal that I haven’t been able to get to in 3 months. I’m hoping I can continue on this path and by the end of the year I’ll be my goal weight of 125!

submitted by /u/peroctopus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XuQiJV

No comments:

Post a Comment