Sunday, May 31, 2020

Is walking as exercise & getting 10k steps enough?

33 female, 5’3, SW: 202.8, GW: 150, CW: 198.6

I officially started this journey about 2 weeks ago after years of continuous starts and stops. I’m doing MFP, about 1450 calories a day and down about 4.2 lbs in 2 weeks. I’m happy with the progress for weight loss and I know diet is a big part of it.

However, at 33, I’m on blood pressure medication and told if I don’t lower my cholesterol that I’ll be on meds for that as well. I’ve got a bunch of other health problems including chronic pelvic pain so it’s been really hard to get myself active. The past two weeks I’ve started walking every single day which is amazing in itself for the level of activity I was at before (around 2k-3k steps previously). I started with 10 minutes a day and now I’m up to 3 miles in about 66 minutes which I feel is my limit for a while as it’s a struggle and I’m definitely aching afterwards.Between the 3 mile walk, and cleaning house, I’m getting 10k steps every day as well. What I have a hard time figuring out is... is that enough? Is walking for an hour every day and also getting the full 10k steps enough to cover the recommended 30 minutes/5 days a week of exercise? Or do I need to get to where I can do 30 minutes in addition to the walking and 10k steps every day.

submitted by /u/butterfliies05
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dlvyL4

No comments:

Post a Comment