Wednesday, May 27, 2020

My mindset about food has changed.

Sorry this is a long post:

First time poster, long time lurker here. I started my weight loss journey as a New Years Resolution this past January. My starting weight was at 268 lbs on January 1st, and my current weight is 230 lbs. I'm also a recovering binge eating addict. I'm happy to report that I haven't binged in about four months. The first few weeks were rough. Everytime Saturday would roll around I would have intense cravings. I would always binge eat on Saturday's, because I didn't have to work. For me binge eating was psychological, if it's a special occasion, why not binge eat. If it's a long weekend, why not binge eat. If I have the house to my self why not binge eat.

This sub really helped me stay on track when I was in a very, very dark place. Everytime I would want to binge eat, I would read posts on this sub, and it would help me through the withdrawal symptoms. The other thing that really helped me was starting to count calories. Whenever I felt like I wanted to binge, I would put it into the lose it calorie app. There's something about seeing 6,000+ calories in black and white that makes you rethink some things.

The second thing that I did was buy the amount of doughnuts that I would eat in one sitting, which was six. I bought them, and immediately when I got home I threw them away. I know it's a waste of money, but it felt good being in control of what I put in my body. This was the first time I ever felt in control of what I was eating. It was therapeutic. It was like I was throwing my old self away for a much better person.

Finally I realized that I was only craving the first bite of something that I was really wanted. Every other bite after that taste as good. I still have a maintenance day once a week, but instead of having a whole pizza, I have two slices. Instead of having six doughnuts, I have one. I've also become more in tune with my body. When I start feeling cravings, then I'm probably dehydrated, so I drink water, and usually the cravings go away.

Fast forward to today, and I haven't had a craving for a binge day in a while. For some reason this morning I though about the food I would used to eat on my binge day. Only this time I didn't crave it, instead I was repulsed by it. My stomach literally hurt by the thought of eating all that food. This is when the light bulb went off. I realized that my mindset about food has changed. I'm no longer in love with food. Yes I still love how food tastes, but it doesn't affect me psychologically anymore. I view putting food into my body like putting gas into my car, it's a job that I have to do. Food has become is just a source of energy for me now.

submitted by /u/KinkaJac97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3c6aEOJ

No comments:

Post a Comment