Sunday, May 31, 2020

Lost my quarantine weight AND ran 3.5 miles today!

Today doesn’t feel real! I am 7 pounds down in the last 30 days and I ran 3.5 miles for the first time in my life. In March-April/during quarantine, I gained 5 pounds from stress eating despite extra walking with my free time. Today, I weighed in 2 pounds less than I did before quarantine. My starting weight was 181 pounds in November 2019 and I’m now 157, at 5’4” and 30 years old—my goal is 140. I had hit a plateau before quarantine and losing the weight was difficult even when I restarted my efforts. I was only losing a little over a pound a week, finding it difficult to eat less than 1500 calories per day. I think the biggest jump in my weight loss was running because I have lost 3 pounds in the last week. This past week it was raining so I decided to give running inside a shot. I have never been able to run for more than 2-3 minutes without losing my breath, even at a very slow pace. But somehow now I can run a 10.5 minute mile straight through! Whattttt!!! I have no idea where I got the ability or confidence to run but I am so elated that I could seamlessly transition from walking to running. If you had told me this was possible even the day before I tried, I wouldn’t have believed it. What goals have you surprised yourself by hitting?

submitted by /u/tee_faux
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Bc28kr

No comments:

Post a Comment