Friday, May 29, 2020

Terrified of diabetes! My mind about weight loss techniques just changed.

I’m 21F 5’4” 180lbs (down from 200lbs). In February I hit a plateau and still haven’t gotten past it. Up until now I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and a vegetarian diet. Usually on vegetarian diets, if you’re doing them poorly like me, you eat a lot of carbs and some protein with very little veggies. This is a big no! I know. I also have a really bad Starbucks addiction I’m trying to kick down to once every 2 weeks. Making progress!

This post comes from a recent existential crisis I had while in quarantine. I’ve always heard “you’re pre-disposed to type 2 diabetes, better watch out.” Or “you don’t want diabetes now, do you?” But it never hit me until I realized I’m mortal and I can actually die. Like straight up die. Even cutting the sugar from Starbucks down from once a DAY to once a WEEK I was still eating so many carbs! I didn’t even realize they turn to sugar. Like I knew they did, but it never really hit me until now for some reason. So when my vision started to blur more and I started to have constant anxiety attacks I figured I could be (pre)diabetic. I plan on going to the doctors as soon as I can safely (covid) and I’ll get tested. But today marks day 1 of vegetarian keto for me. I think it’s also time to get off of World of Warcraft and actually exercise a bit.

I know it’s not a full success story yet, but I’m down 20 pounds and I’m proud! Gotta keep pushing. If not to look good on Instagram, then to live a healthier and longer life. Hopefully this can serve as food for thought for anyone struggling with some similar internal conflicts.

submitted by /u/LoveRadke
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZP7VGY

No comments:

Post a Comment