Monday, May 25, 2020

23 tomorrow and twentysomething kgs lost. 85kgs-63kgs

I saw the date on an E-Mail this morning and realized it's my birthday tomorrow, decided I would take a second to ruminate.

I'd always planned on sharing an "after" photo with you guys eventually. "I'll wait until I lose another 5 kgs" or "I'll wait until I'm fucking shredded". I am in fact not fucking shredded (yet) and, like most people, my body isn't where I'd like it to be. My ass left me. She took the kids, shes moved back into her mothers place and she's not taking any of my calls.

All of that being said over the past 16? months I've lost a little over 20 kgs (44 pounds) or around 23% of my body weight. From a size 14-16 AUS to a size 8-10 AUS.

Calorie counting, boxing/self-defense classes, and more recently weightlifting and yoga.

I'm doing the damn thing, and so can you. I have so much love for this sub and I owe each and every one of you a lot, community is everything!

For anyone who cares to read, I'll share some of my thoughts on my experience with weight loss, and some advice I would give my younger self.

Firstly: Stop drinking so dang much women Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and all their carpenter friends. Take better care of yourself and you wouldn't feel it necessary to drink a 4pk of jack daniels in the shower. No that's not a cup holder, that's for soap you git.

You don't actually hate exercise, you hate not being immediately good at something. Nobody is watching you look like an idiot, they're all too busy worrying if they look like an idiot.

Don't try and do it by yourself. Trainers and instructors don't think less of you because you're unfit, they're passionate about what they're teaching you and they'll be just as psyched as you to watch you improve.

You don't need to eat as much as you think you do, hunger pangs do not mean you're dying.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start lifting weights, don't wait till you've "lost more weight". Your body won't differentiate between your fat and muscle, it'll eat it all. Now you're a noodle person. I'm talking angel hair, not flat rice.

Other people will not understand your relationship with food, and you shouldn't expect them too. Mum isn't trying to be a bitch when she brings home a bag of chocolate croissants and says "well you don't have to eat them". To her its just food and if you try actually talk with her about it, it'll help her understand. But you're grown now, the onus is on you. You don't, in fact, have to eat the croissants.

Being smaller won't make you pretty, I'm sorry but there it is. It will, however, make you something much better: capable, healthier and once you see you can actually follow through with something, so many aspects of your life will improve.

I could go on but this is already way too long. With this message I am attaching all the good vibes my WI-IF's bandwidth will allow.

I ALSO MUST ASK YOU TO IGNORE MY HAIR IN ATTACHED VIDEO, I HAVE JUST WOKEN UP I AM STILL IN MY PJS. OR GIVE IT LOTS AND LOTS OF ATTENTION, GOD KNOWS IT NEEDS IT.

https://imgur.com/a/E5nf1t1

submitted by /u/Venetianred97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36vw7iU

No comments:

Post a Comment