Monday, May 25, 2020

Techniques for a successful holiday meal

Today was the first social situation with food I (35F) have been in since I started counting calories, and I'm ecstatic that I was able to stay within my calorie range for the day.

I started keeping track of my calories 3 weeks ago and try to stay within the 1200-1500 calorie range. Since Friday I have been staying in the lower end of the range in order to accommodate for today.

What helped for me was eating about half my normal breakfast at 6:30, which allowed me to feel comfortable until it was time to have lunch with my family at 1 (about an hour and a half past my normal second meal) and be able to enjoy that meal sensibly. It felt really good to not overeat at lunch.

Between breakfast and lunch, I came in at 1,435 for the day. My food intake consisted primarily of protein, veggies, and fats.

My fiance and I discussed ahead of time what we would we eat. I concentrated on really enjoying my meal and took my time eating. When everyone was finished, we put the extra food in the fridge and headed into the living room to play some games. Following up the meal with another activity was a great distraction, especially compared with lingering at the table to visit, as usually happens at family holidays.

My weight loss plan has been counting calories along with intermittent fasting, although the intermittent fasting was accidental and grew naturally from counting calories. I've been avoiding junk food, sweets, and processed carbs. So far, I've lost 17 pounds.

TLDR: plan the menu ahead of time, eat less in the days before, don't stay at the table longer than necessary, and make sure your eating choices for the day don't clash too much with the choices you normally make (ie, don't eat a ton of sweets if you're trying to stay away from sugar normally).

submitted by /u/Doctor_Zira
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gjgWxL

No comments:

Post a Comment