Saturday, May 30, 2020

Simple vs complex

I was wondering. I know the old adage: move more eat less. Well I'm seeing so many complex workout routines and eating plans. I like a really simple routine. Is it possible to get good results from just doing some cardio and weight lifting or a few body weight exercises throughout the week? I don't like following reps and sets. Could I just go for a bike ride for thirty minutes 3-5X a week, plus some strength training exercises for another half hour 3-5X a week, and eat generally healthy and portion controlled? I feel like there are so many steps to take and rules to follow. And a lot of people are really good with following plans. I can follow a plan myself. It's just that I would prefer to follow something relatively easy and simple without five sets of twenty reps for ten or fifteen different exercises on X number of days. Will I still be successful in my fitness and weight loss journey if I take a very minimalistic approach to health and nutrition? I know it's all down to math (calories in vs. calories out) and science (how the body runs and operates internally). For some background, I am female. 31. 4'11, and I weigh between 112-115. My goal is to get down to 100 or 90 ultimately, since I am petite. But even disregarding the number on the scale, I'd like to just be all around more toned and slim.

submitted by /u/unfrostedcupcake
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3diT77u

No comments:

Post a Comment