Thursday, May 28, 2020

I have an appointment with a treatment clinic!

The other night I posted that I was going to call a treatment center to seek help for my out of control eating. It was a way to hold myself accountable, as posting this now is, too.

I have an intake appointment a little less than a month from now. In the meantime, I want to learn to curb my binges as much as possible. Weight loss is obviously my primary goal, but lately it's been all I can do just to avoid putting on more weight. I've lost significant amounts of weight before, but suddenly I feel like I'm doing this all over again.

That being said, what are some things I should be doing at the "beginning" of my journey to set myself up for success? I've seen a lot of people mention that tracking food for the first few weeks is important, which I want to do as a way to be more honest with myself and my future doctors. I'm also going to try to utilize this subreddit more, to call myself out or hold myself accountable if I'm near a binge, and generally I'm going to use this month long interim to turn things around as much as possible.

I know this post probably seems long and overwrought, but I'm willing to take as many small steps as it takes to get to the big ones. Even if I have to hold my own damn hand through the smallest of things. I'm extremely thankful to have this sub to share with and learn from, and grateful to be able to prattle on like this. I'm feeling hopeful that I can help myself if I continue to, well, actually help myself, lol.

submitted by /u/yikes0000
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3etWxEq

No comments:

Post a Comment