Friday, May 29, 2020

My dietitian recommended against going vegan, advice?

Hey everyone,

I started off my weight loss journey early last year at 241.5 kg (~532 pounds) and I'm now at 127.5 kgs (281 pounds). I've done this via being on a low carb diet and more recently, tracking my calories.

I recently decided I want to go vegan for ethical reasons, so I went back to see the dietitian, but he advised against going vegan. His reasoning was that he thought it would be too hard to reach my macronutrients being vegan, considering how many calories he wanted me to eat (1300 at the moment).

I'm a bit conflicted, as I really wanted to go vegan, but I'm not sure if it's something I should wait for until after I've lost the weight. His current advice was to have a week of carb loading (still restricting to 1300 calories), and then going back to about 40 grams of carbs per day. He said vegetarian was something we could discuss later on. He also said another thing I could've done to speed up the weight loss was use shakes and bars to restrict to about 850 calories a day for more rapid results, but this sounded a bit risky to me, so I decided against it.

Any advice? Should I get a second opinion, or trust the dietitian? I hate being that person, because I know he's a professional who has studied for this, but it has been on my mind that there seems to be other dietitians that may support a vegan weight loss diet in my area, and I'm not sure if I should see them to see what they say.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/21Sausagae
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dcuedG

No comments:

Post a Comment