Saturday, May 30, 2020

Learning to be a small(er) person

Current Stats: 5’2” 198 lbs

Highest: ~240 lbs (over three years ago)

Lowest: 175 lbs (about six months ago)

One of the things I knew when I restarted was I can’t eat like my husband. I struggle with learning what a plate should look like, even when I measure, because I’ve been over eating for my size for so long. CICO helps a lot but I’m still hungry when I’m in my 1200-1400 range to burn fat, not because I haven’t had enough to eat but because my body and brain like to throw a fit about wanting more, more, more. Like many of us, I’ve been overweight to obese since I was a teenager, so I struggle with hunger signals. I became a (mostly) whole food, plant based vegan two years ago and that has helped my health tremendously but as we all know, actual weight loss is all about CICO.

Short people who have been successful (or are on your way to success): how did you learn to embrace portions that are appropriate for your size? How have you accepted yourself and the fact that you shouldn’t be eating like a large adult but more like a small teenager or child? How has your understanding about your height and physical size changed as you’ve been on this journey?

submitted by /u/spookygreene
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ma2Zoa

No comments:

Post a Comment