Thursday, May 28, 2020

Getting a little impatient but trying to think of the long term!

Hi! Long time reader first time poster. A little info - I’m 29F, 5’5 and currently weigh 68 kg. My lowest weight was at age 21 at 52 kg and my highest weight was at 28 at 81kg. Throughout my teens I maintained my weight easily at around 60 kg and maintained roughly the same weight easily between 22 - 26. I gained a lot of weight after going on anxiety medication (not the medication itself obviously, but it increased my appetite and reduced my energy and so i overate and didn’t burn, it also made me care about my weight and appearance less so the weight gain didn’t bother me at the time lol) I’m on the upper end of a healthy BMI now and have lost the 13kg from my highest weight gradually over the last year and a half without calorie counting - just through more sensible choices (and going off my medication with the help of therapy). I tried to avoid counting calories before because I have had the tendency to get a little obsessive in the past and I want to avoid getting into that territory again as well as give myself the best chance to maintain my weight once I reach my goal but i know it’s the best way to lose weight and so I’m trying it again! Between 57 and 60 kgs is where I feel my best and that’s what I’m aiming for. My TDEE while sedentary is 1701 and I’ve been aiming to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories for gradual and sustainable weight loss. I started calorie counting on the 10th of April at 72 kgs and in the last 7 weeks have lost 4 kg, which is obviously progress but not drastically so. My first instinct as it has been in the past was to go as low cal as possible 800 - 1000 in order to lose the weight as quickly as possible and I know I have the discipline to do this - but I know this is unhealthy as I’m very active and I want to ensure the best long term outcome and maintenance. So my question is - even though I know this rationally howcome I’m still frustrated by how slow my progress is? I guess I’m just looking for reassurance that I’m doing the right thing and that it will pay off in the end?

submitted by /u/prettydumb_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZLGxJP

No comments:

Post a Comment