Saturday, May 30, 2020

Should I stop weighing myself everyday?

Howdy y’all, I’m 25f, 5’6”. I started really taking my weight loss seriously and started CICO and IF (16:8) about 3 weeks ago. I started at 252 and I’m currently sitting at around 241. This is the best I’ve felt about weight loss in my many attempts at trying, mostly because I still eat the foods I love, just way less of them. The only thing I’ve cut out entirely is soda but I don’t even miss it.

The first two weeks I tried to walk several miles most days, and running 3 days a week (C25K). This is when that first ten pounds came off. This last week I wasn’t able to run or walk at all, but I still stayed under my calorie goal every day. However, every day this week I’ve been volleying between the same pound (241-242) with no loss at all. I know the initial weight loss is always the fastest but it seems really early to already be at a plateau? It’s very discouraging to see the number actually go up some days.

I’ve been weighing myself everyday just to make sure I’m on track but now that the initial ‘big’ weight loss has happened, would it be more beneficial for me to start weighing once a week? The biggest reason I’ve failed so many times in the past is because I wouldn’t see the number budge fast enough and I would give up. I know the pounds aren’t everything, and I’m definitely losing inches based on how my clothes fit, but I still have almost 100 lbs to lose.

submitted by /u/stevienred
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2At2KBN

No comments:

Post a Comment