Friday, May 29, 2020

I'm at my 10th grade weight again!! (+ epiphany on weight gain)

F19, 5'5, SW: 171, CW: 153.8

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share a really big milestone of mine, which is being back at my 10th grade weight of 154lbs!! This morning I looked at the scale expecting maybe a 1lb difference from last week, but instead I saw a 3lb drop (must be that magical whoosh everyone talks about).

Growing up, I was always overweight and very self conscious. I attempted tracking calories on MFP from a young age as we were tasked with doing a week of logging for PE each year. I don't use MFP anymore and instead I handwrite my food log each night, but I was curious and I logged on through my old email and WOW.

Summer of 9th grade - 146lbs

Feb of 10th grade - 154

July 10th grade - 165.5

Not only am I back at what I weighed in sophomore year of high school (4 years ago), I also realized that I gained a whopping 11.5lbs in 5 months of grade 10. This was when I moved from having split time with my parents to living with one parent full time and moving schools - it was really hard. I kept a poker face, but I distantly remember having a tough time with it. I guess its crazy to me to see that I am such an emotional eater, and that I really gained that much weight in such little time. Now I know to watch my eating habits very carefully especially around periods of time that involve a transition.

I'm positive I'll be back to my "grade 9" weight by this summer, the 5 year mark. I started my weight loss this year in late March, and have lost 17.2lbs since then (nearly halfway to my GW 135).

So excited!! I wish I could've known how good this feels when I was younger. I don't know about anyone else, but I wasted so much of high school feeling insecure and not knowing what a calorie was. I'm so happy I lost my stress weight and am in a better place both mentally and physically.

Anyone else aiming toward their high school weights?

submitted by /u/mmefosca
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dgP8s7

No comments:

Post a Comment