Sunday, May 31, 2020

How do you get past your plateau and keep from getting discouraged?

I have struggled to lose weight for years. Through college I gained over 125 lbs. I used to try diet and exercise. Tracking every little thing and I would be great for like a month and a half, see some results, and then I would mess up once and it would all fall apart. Cue rinse and repeat. Being discouraged is my biggest obstacle. At the start of this year I went whole food plant based and recently started intermittent fasting. Since the start of the year i have dropped 30 lbs in a much healthier (at least mentally) way, without tracking, and I’ve been able to overcome the discouragement of if I break from my regimen. It’s been so much better mentally. This had been working for me but now I’ve plateaued and I don’t know why and I don’t know how to fix it. I’m super proud of what I’ve done so far and I’m trying to keep it in perspective while fighting my biggest discouragement « boss » yet. Do I need to change things up? That’s often how I’ve had to address work out plateaus but for weight loss plateaus Im not sure if that’s the way to go. I would love any help or words of encouragement to get through this. I’m determined NOT to backtrack but I’m finding this prolonged period extra hard to do.

submitted by /u/nikkiekg
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XGuNpu

No comments:

Post a Comment