Tuesday, May 26, 2020

To my body: I'll take care of you buddy

Some stats to start

SW: 74 kgs : as of 17th March 2020

CW: 67 kgs : as of 17th May 2020

GW: 60 kgs

24F

I'm doing IF since two months now as well as taking care of macros and trying to maximize protein. I started yoga in the morning and walking in the evening. I saw changes in my body and weight, even if maybe a little slow than I wanted. I decided to amp up and reduced calorie intake further keeping exercise almost same. I do see a lot of muscle definition now and curves that used to just look like bulges before. I have a long way more to go, exactly 50% more to be precise and I am hopeful that I'll touch it in three to four more months, considering the plateaus and slowdowns. But recently I have hit a plateau and that made me wonder about a lot of things because I was eating lesser than ever before.

In my last 6 years of grad and post grad, I've really really played with my body. Almost zero exercise and unhealthy meals are there, but more than that, I'd completely missed out on any structure or routine. I slept at random times, stayed up whole nights and ate maybe one heavy unhealthy meal a day for nearly 6 years. Only now I've come to realize how much this has already affected my body. And why now even when I'm eating way less and way healthier, my progress is still slow. Basically, I've already ruined my metabolism in my years of not caring.

So now, even if I still have 7 more kgs to lose, I'm planning to change the strategy a little. Still follow IF, but eat full meals. No skimping. No starving. No trying to eat less. But amp on building strength and stamina and overall activity levels. I hope this will help me recover my metabolism so I can lose the remaining weight in a healthy way. So now, instead of exercising for weight loss, I'm going to do my yoga to build my strength and flexibility and do my evening walk to slowly build up stamina to run. I will still try to maintain a calorie deficit, but not get panicky over slow progress because I want to eat adequate. Fuel my body adequate.

My body deserves this. It deserves fitness. It does not deserve restriction to just lose weight faster causing more long term harm. I have to change my focus to fitness. And not just appearance. So even if it gets slower, I gave to tell myself that it's okay, you're getting fitter. You're taking care of your body.

I hope I still reach my goal with this though. As much as I realize I need my body to be healthy and recover, I'm still scared this will stall my progress. It's a war I'm trying to balance.

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/coffeeandasmoke59
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36xxc9T

No comments:

Post a Comment