Wednesday, May 27, 2020

After 20 years of eating disorders and a SW of 400 lbs I’ve finally lost 75 lbs in a healthy way

I’m just looking to vent and maybe get a little encouragement on my journey so far.

I’ve been struggling with food issues for most of my life, which is very depressing if I dwell on it too much, which is why I try not to. I’ve been anorexic and bulimic but recently I’ve mostly struggled with BED and after the birth of my second child my scale stopped at 400 lbs. I knew I needed to do something about it ASAP.

I’m a psychology major and I’ve been doing CICO and IF intermittently throughout this school year and I managed to lose 40 lbs before New Years.

I scheduled an appointment with a weight loss surgeon with a plan of undergoing Duodenal Switch surgery at the end of this summer but as soon as it was scheduled I thought, “oh well, now that I’m getting help I can at least try to get to as healthy a weight as possible before surgery”. And so I went for it.

In these five months I’ve lost another 35 lbs and I’m not planning on stopping. I’m going to see how far I can take this on my own, who knows, maybe I can actually do this all on my own?

My current weight is 324.8 lbs. My next goal is to get below the 300’s and from there to below 270 (BMI <40).

Wish me luck! :)

submitted by /u/CerealApeist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZEuSN7

No comments:

Post a Comment