Saturday, May 30, 2020

putting my health first!

tw — calorie counting | undereating

i started my weight loss journey in mid april of this year. i ate healthier and started working out consistently. although slow, i was seeing results and lost 8lbs in a month (i had gained 15lb prior during the first month of quarantine). a few weeks ago, my friends also decided to eat healthier and workout, but they were counting calories and posting them in our group chat. i used to suffer from disordered eating so this made me uncomfortable, but i decided to track my calories secretly just to see if it would help me with weight loss. the first week, i found myself eating only around 1100-1200 calories, while also working out around 100-350 calories a day. this took a huge toll on my health because i started obsessing over what i was going to eat, how much i was going to eat, and exercising it off. i knew this triggered my unhealthy eating habits again and so today I decided to quit counting calories to help my mental and physical health! today is also my first complete rest day from exercising (which i haven’t had in like an entire month). it was very hard decision, but i am glad i was picking up my unhealthy patterns quickly and doing my best to put a stop to them. if i was able to lose 8lbs my first month without tracking, then surely i can do it again while eating enough for the weeks and months to come. i just wanted to post this as a reminder to myself and to just be proud for myself as well :)

submitted by /u/wuzwab
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zBnQhB

No comments:

Post a Comment