Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Should I exercise less to get out of my plateau?

31F, 5’5”, SW 153, GW 120.

Hi friends - started officially with the journey in February. Quarantine and working from home has allowed me to be especially disciplined in both eating and exercise. I’m able to weigh and log everything I eat and have been mostly eating 1400-1500 calories per day. TDEE as determined by my endocrinologist is 1430 without factoring in exercise.

I’ve also found myself with much more time to exercise, so in the month of May I’ve pretty much done 30 minutes on the stair master and a 3.5 mile walk every day. My Apple Watch move goal has gone up every week this month and I’m now averaging 650-700 move calories per day.

Only issue is now I’ve been stuck at 144 for two weeks after some slow but nice progress in the first few months. Is it possible that by exercising more, I’m reducing the weight loss powers that exercise tends to have? I was under the impression that by exercising more you burn fewer calories, not that the results of the burn would be less. Any guidance or advice for me? The plateau is maddening. Thank you!

submitted by /u/photog679
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2THnXia

No comments:

Post a Comment