Monday, May 25, 2020

How I lost 30 pounds in 3.5 months

I was 165, down to 135 pounds. Im 5’5” F.

One thing to note is I was only 165 for a few months, maybe 4-5 months before I finally decided enough was enough.

Im in my mid 30s. In my 20s I hovered around 135 easily without diet or exercise.

This was not the first time I lost weight but this is the healthiest way that I lost weight.

I have a feeling people arent going to like what I have to say on how I did it but if there is someone out there that is like me who needs this help and can relate to me, I hope this helps you.

This diet/exercise routine is for you if: -You hate “diets”, counting calories etc -You dont care if foods are super natural -You enjoy a fast -You can invest in supplements -You can invest in a treadmill -You can walk at least 3 miles a day -You can do body weight or heavy weight exercises for 10 minutes a day

The supplements I took were a probiotic everyday and a protein shake first thing in the morning. The protein shake ensured I got my protein in early in the day which staved off hunger pains and made me binge eat less.

The probiotics helped my digestion system, I believe a slow digestive system leads to extra pounds.

I HATE running and exercising. Hate it. So I found things I could do that didnt make me want to kill myself.

Walking! Walking is the number one “exercise” I found to help me lose weight. What is amazing about walking is you dont tire or burn out your muscles or body, so unlike running, less chance of injury and therefore you can do it everyday.

I had injured myself before on a weightloss journey and lost all my progress. Walking saved me. I aimmed for 1 mile everyday, no matter what, which is 20 minutes. Everyone has 20 minutes!

I go on the treadmill in any kind clothes or even barefoot, if I allowed my clothes or shoes to stop me, I woudnt walk, so as soon as I had the urge, I got on the treadmill and got in that mile!

Some days I felt so good from walking, I walked 11 miles! I averaged 3 miles everyday over the week. Some days I only did 1 mile, somedays 5.

I hate exercising but I still know it’s important! I downloaded one of those exercise apps and I aim for 7-14 minutes of exercise everyday. Everyone has 7 minutes! I have done the exercise in my office in a dress! Dont let clothes stop you.

I also enjoy fasts, sorry but I really love the feeling I get when my organs no longer feel bloated from all the food I ate and I feel more empty. I just drank water for the day, nothing else, its nice to let your body catch up. I did that for 24-48 hours, 2 times during the 3.5 months.

For food, I picked foods that I could eat everyday, not foods because they were considered “healthy”, I wanted something sustainable, that I could eat everyday and only took 10-15 minutes to make, max. Eggs, beans, quinoa, pre-cooked chicken breasts, frozen broccoli, frozen cauliflower, I had meals like that. I actually enjoy food like that and they’re easy to make when you buy frozen, like the “steamers”. But I also had grilled cheese sandwiches, popcorn, flavored soda water, sugar free chocolate to get me through those days I craved something bad. These helped a lot.

I didnt count calories. I just ate when I was hungry and I taught myself to tell the difference between when I was hungry and when I was craving. When I was craving, I would give myself a “low calorie” cheat like popcorn, sugar free chocolate, soda water etc

This was the easiest weight loss journey I ever had and I feel I developed healthy habits I can continue for the rest of my life.

Let me know if you have any questions!

EDIT: Sorry, I realize I probably sound heartless by saying “kill myself” but in all honesty I spent so many nights crying because I hated working out and made me feel hopeless. So while I wasnt suicidal, I certainly felt like giving up on a better life and healthier life.

submitted by /u/SipCoconuts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36vrcyz

No comments:

Post a Comment