Monday, May 25, 2020

being overweight = being unworthy of love

Hey guys - I (24F) am generally a lurker but love this community / the support it provides! That being said - there’s something I’ve been struggling with since I started my (slow and steady) weight loss journey last May. I still have about 20 lbs to reach my goal weight and I can’t seem to shake the feeling that I won’t really date anyone I like or who likes me before I reach my goal weight.

I started my weight loss journey last summer, when my self esteem was at an all time low and I was the heaviest I’d weighed in my entire life. I had trouble going on more than 2 dates with someone because I couldn’t believe someone would be into me. In a sense, before that, I think I had put on the weight in the last few years to subconsciously make myself less date-able and less able to be hurt. Since then, I’ve made big lifestyle changes, including working out and going to therapy, and feel athletic and sometimes even beautiful. In the last couple months, I have tried to start dating again, at least pre-pandemic, but every time it doesn’t work out, I still tend to attribute it to my appearance. If I was skinnier, I’d be more worthy of love / easier to love. I know this mentality isn’t correct, but just wondering if anyone else has struggled with the idea that only skinny people are worthy of love

My brain knows this isn’t logical or true, but I have a hard time accepting it! I‘m just wondering if anyone else has struggled with this mentality and if so, how did you overcome it? I don’t want to wait until I feel like the “perfect” weight to be in a healthy relationship, but it’s hard to see myself sometimes as anything other than the fat girl from last summer. I’m still going to therapy to deal with it, but would still just love some input! Thank you for reading :)

submitted by /u/easycheesy12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d44Zdl

No comments:

Post a Comment