Saturday, July 4, 2020

Bedtime weigh-in is super helpful

After reading Michael Greger's How Not to Diet, I decided to try weighing myself at night (in addition to the usual morning weigh-in). He said that people who do that lose more weight. While CICO still stands, I think it works on a psychological level because I actually did find it helpful.

Since Tuesday, I was stuck at 192 lbs at my morning weigh-in. I know that weight loss isn't linear and I know that I must have been losing fat because of the calorie deficit but I want to see progress, dammit! I want the instant gratification of the scale saying "you're doing great, keep it up." While the morning weigh-in was a disappointment, the bedtime weigh-in did show progress: 197, 196, 196 and 194 lbs last night. This morning, I weighed in at 190 lbs. I recommend the book and I recommend adding the bedtime weigh-in to your routine, if you're ok with weighing yourself that often.

submitted by /u/PandaBright
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31LqBIO

No comments:

Post a Comment