Saturday, July 4, 2020

Loseit On the Couch (help needed)

I’m looking for a little help/advice. I apologize for the length of this.

I am a 5’3” female who has been working on losing baby weight for an embarrassingly long time. In early fall I finally seemed to have hit a groove. I work an office job and due to my petite size was doing great on 1200 calories/day. Around Christmas I finally got active again (pre baby I was very active) and was losing while eating around 1500 calories/day. I was thrilled to see the puzzle pieces coming together in what was shaping up to be not just weight loss, but a sustainable lifestyle change. I was running and riding my mountain bike. And very close to my goal weight. Then COVID hit. I slid backwards a little, but not too bad. Once I found my new normal I lost the COVID weight in just a few weeks.

The weekend after I saw the pre covid weight on the scale I wrecked my mountain bike and had a pretty severe ankle break. For 6 weeks I was essentially on bed rest. I slipped into a mild depression that I treated with food. That paired with the fact that I literally am sedentary in every sense of the word I can tell that I have gained back every single pound that I lost.

I have no clue what to do to start trying to lose weight again. It could be another 4-6 weeks before I can walk. Before I did lose weight on 1200 calories/day but I still wasn’t truly sedentary (I would walk around my work, to and from my car, play with my son outside, etc.). I also have this fear of my diet somehow causing my ankle to not heal fast enough. Am I just stuck at probably maintaining by eating 1200 calories/day at this point? Is it possible for me to start losing again? What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/littleballoffurkitty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Z1mu9L

No comments:

Post a Comment