Thursday, July 2, 2020

Everything matters

When I think about my weight loss journey, it's so easy to dismiss the small things that I either do without thinking or do because that day at that time they seemed easy. Everything is a choice I make and it all adds up. I posted here a while ago in a moment of sadness and the loveliest person took time to respond and something they said to me is something I have repeated to myself every day since; comparison is the thief of joy. Now in my post I was talking about my slim mum and sisters but now I also think about myself - when I last felt x or did y... I could drive myself crazy thinking about how some days all the choices seem easy and some days I just want to eat all the chocolate in the house. While good days in the past help to fuel my determination to get to my goal, I also have to focus on each day as it comes, each decision I make about food or exercise and realise that overall it all matters and for now, its all going the way I want it to. It may be slower than for some because I made the decision not to cut out things like daily treats for now, but the scale is showing a smaller number each week, and my clothes feel nicer and more comfortable each time I wear them. That one post from that lovely person has stuck with me, and I read through so many loseit posts and am blown away by the support you guys show each other. One choice at a time!!

submitted by /u/CH666bear
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3f7krXn

No comments:

Post a Comment