Monday, July 6, 2020

Finally Feeling Great!

I (25f, 5'5") have been working on losing weight and being healthier since the start of December. When I started I was 81.5kgs and had just hit a size 14 (AU).

As of now I am 61.2kgs - I've lost just over 20kgs (45 pounds) and am now a size 8 in tops, 8-10 in pants and 6-8 in dresses! The dress is what really got me when I tried it on over the weekend - a size 6 is the smallest size most stores carry. I am so excited and happy it's hard to articulate - I have literally never been this small since I was in kids clothes - all through my teens I was a size 10.

But the last 2-3 months have been hard. I have never struggled so much with my appearance as I have recently. I wasn't anywhere near this self concious when I was overweight borderline obese. As happens with weight loss, I also lost weight across my bust so when I had to throw out (donate) a bunch of clothes for being too big, I also had to throw out every single bra I owned (bust size always being the thing I was always most self-concious about). Since the start of May I started working out/exercising every single day which, combined with just having hit the healthy range of bmi at the time, meant I went from losing 1kg every 10 days to having weeks where I didn't lose anything at all, because as I was losing fat I was also gaining muscle.

I clung to the fact that my bathroom scale gives me % of body fat, muscle and hydration and I could see muscles and hydration going up and fat going down even while the overall number wasn't changing but sometimes it was just not enough.

But, I think I'm finally through the worst of it and have started feeling good about myself. I workout every day and actually look forward to it. I bought new clothes that fit. Got a haircut to match my whole face changing shape. Started taking better care of my skin (is super sensitive) and just generally feeling better about myself and wayyyyyy more confident.

Being able to read your guys stories really helped get me through some of the tough parts - it helps knowing other people are experiencing the same thing.

I know we all have times where we just do not feel good about ourselves, but we can get through it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel in whatever shade of fantastic you want it to be <3

submitted by /u/Dinosaursdeservelove
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3e2ydZR

No comments:

Post a Comment