Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Happy Cake (Mango Pudding Pie) Day!!

Hey guys! Since it’s my cake day, I (17, F, 5’4) thought I’d share some progress as I came to reddit to find help with my weight loss journey, but I’ve managed to find beautiful and funny communities in other places as well that really brighten up my gloomy days.

I started out my weight loss journey at 228.0 lbs. and am currently getting back to my 140s. I was struggling with my eating habits and have finally gotten a control over it in the last month. What finally worked for me is realizing that I didn’t have to be strict all the time. I started out with eating 1200-1400 calories every day. And although that worked for me weight loss wise, I did feel a sense of restriction that led to binges as well as multiple plateaus. I recently started doing “cycles” in my calories, where some days I’d have 1200, but others I could have up to 1900. Combined with my workouts, it would average out to 1500 calories every day.

This has allowed me to lose about 1-2 pounds a week (I’m hoping to hit 128). This was a big realization for me as I always believed that I wouldn’t lose weight unless I stayed at 1200. Allowing myself to have days where I didn’t necessarily cheat, but had bigger calorie allowances made me feel refreshed and ready to take on the challenge again. If I was starting to break and was feeling a binge coming on, then I would bring my calories up to maintenance for as long as I felt I needed to. I would remind myself that there was no rush and that I could take a big breath.

... And that big breath today is in the form of mango pudding pie which I will pretend to be having in celebration of my Reddit Cake Day!

So to end this note, please be kind to yourselves and remember: Just pretend that you’re a superhero that needs to save your people. Superheroes need those strong muscles (well, except for Thor that one time. Ignore that...).

submitted by /u/JFae556
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BWDUv6

No comments:

Post a Comment