Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Any tips on making the process fun?

I've just started my weight loss journey, and I have a few things down pat. I've found exercise that I enjoy and that I'm willing to do every day or almost every day. I usually go for a long, brisk walk and do yoga every single day, and I've loved connecting with my body like that. That took ages for me to do because I hate the environment of a gym. If you thrive there, heck yes, it's just not for me. The food's been pretty easy to manage as well - one simple carb a day and not a lot of it, lots of fruit and veggies, lean proteins. It's amazing how easy it's been to slip into this new routine. I've already lost a pound (not a big deal, but I've been struggling forever).

But y'all - I'm miserable. I'm really trying hard not to be a brat, thinking of future scale and non-scale victories, trying to jazz up my options, throw myself into other things in life. Nothing is working. It's just a huge bummer. I know that this is going to take a while. I've accepted that part. Any tips on making it enjoyable in the moment? I don't want to just slug through this and put my happiness on hold. The delayed gratification ain't cuttin' it. I need some part of this to be fun. Is that impossible?

submitted by /u/theconductor37
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VAK4bi

No comments:

Post a Comment