Thursday, July 2, 2020

I want to lose 100lbs.

Hi guys,

I’ve posted two separate times in the past. From Jan to July of 2019 I was on my first ever consistent and successful weight loss journey. I was eating right, doing CICO, gym 5-7 times a week and I was seeing results. I lost around 30/35lbs in those months and I felt on top of the world. It was the only time I’ve ever seen active results from my own actions and I felt in control and confident.

In mid June I switched jobs from an office 9-5 to a very busy front desk position at a resort. Although I loved my new job the schedule was all over and my regular set gym time started becoming inconsistent. Add a cafeteria for employees that always had a dessert bar and something greasy for lunch and I was on my way to gaining. Then at the end of July the worst thing that’s ever happened to me happened. My dad died from unexpected heart failure and shattered my heart and all of my will to do anything but exist.

Cut to January of 2020. I’m healing. I got a supervisor job at a Hilton hotel closer to home. But I’ve now gained approx 60lbs since July. The entire weight I worked so hard to lose and now an additional 30+lbs making me the heaviest I have ever been. I weighed in at 245. My previous heaviest was 205. I was ashamed and miserable with myself. I also got incredibly deep and large stretch marks on my stomach and pelvic area which I’ve never dealt with. So that was even more upsetting. I sobbed in the bathroom when I saw them, I didn’t even want my husband to look at me naked. I did that to myself in the matter of months.

I got temp laid off from March to May because of COVID. So in April I joined WW. I always heard good things and thought why not? I lost 12lbs in two months and I really like it so far. It forces me to eat based off the nutritional contents and not just calories. Although I am thinking of potentially going back to CICO. I feel out of control without seeing that I’m in my calorie limits.

Also I’m looking for ways to workout and be active without being at the gym. My husband has severe asthma and I can’t risk bringing the virus home. any tips helps! Right now I’ve been alternating every other day between a low impact video on YouTube and a 30 minute hike/walk.

All of this to say I’m coming from the lowest point of my life so far. I’m 21, I’m 5’4 and I currently weight 230lbs. My GW is between 130-140lbs. I am intimidated but I know I’m capable. Any advice at all is so appreciated. I’ll need it. I don’t want to always be big. I was doing great before and I’ll do even better now.

TLDR: was losing weight in 2019, dad died, gained 60lbs and reached my highest ever weight. Now I want to lose 100lbs to get to my goal of 130.

submitted by /u/ivy_rose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VB0DE0

No comments:

Post a Comment