Sunday, July 5, 2020

NSV: in a month, I've lost 2 inches off my waist!

For starters, I've been on the weight loss journey for over a year now. SW 230, CW 186. Stay at home orders set me back by about 10 lbs, so in the last 3 weeks I vowed to get back on the right track. I'm doing one meal a day because it's right for me - dinner has always been the most important meal since I was young. You sit together as a family and enjoy a meal while discussing your day, your life, anything you have to say. Also, I am never even hungry before dinnertime, so there was no adjustment there except avoiding snacking.

The first 40 lbs dropped off pretty easily, but the last 4 have been a serious struggle. And I still have another 45 to go. But yesterday I noticed my clothes were fitting differently, so I measured, and in a month I may have only lost 4 lbs, but I lost 2 inches off my waist! 2 whole inches! And the only reason I knew was because I went on a body shape calculator that required measurements.

My point? Measure yourself. The number on the scale is just a unit. Sometimes your progress shows in other ways. I urge people to get a measuring tape and track progress that way, especially if you are exercising on top of your eating plan. You may have only lost 4 lbs, but what does your body look like? THAT is the progress.

submitted by /u/momonomino
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Z3mmGN

No comments:

Post a Comment