Thursday, July 2, 2020

Proud of my stretch marks after getting active!

I am sorry if this is the wrong place for such a post, but I am just so excited and happy, I felt like telling the world!

I, like many people as of recent, decided to start losing weight. I just woke up one day and decided I was tired of being depressed and making excuses. I started following a program and watching what I eat, and I have slowly started to see progress. My opinion of my own worth has always been heavily linked to my weight.

I thought I would be even more ashamed of my stretch marks upon losing weight, but I have surprisingly become proud of them. I was skinny as a child, then rapidly put on weight due to circumstances and have been miserable for 10+ years because of it. I see my stretch marks as a symbol of all I have been though, and a reminder to myself to never be like that again. I used to see them as ugly scars, but now I look at them like the stripes of a strong, powerful tiger.

If anyone else here is ashamed of their stretch marks because of rapid weight gain then slow weight loss, I hope I made you feel a little better about them. ♡

submitted by /u/forkineyes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NSMbTv

No comments:

Post a Comment