Saturday, September 26, 2020

2020 weight gain, but a different mindset

I lost 35 pounds a few years ago and have maintained that weight loss pretty well. Until 2020 happened. I don’t have a different reason than anyone else. Working from home got me, feeling depressed got me. So I woke up today feeling pretty down on myself. I’ve gained 7 pounds since March. My body does look different, and not in a great way.

BUT. I also realized that if this same situation happened a few years ago, I would have gained 15 or 20 pounds. I would have stopped whatever little exercise I’ve maintained. I would have been drinking wine every night.

So, while this isn’t an amazing progress update or great pictures or anything like that, I just wanted to say that even if it’s kind of ironic, I am proud of myself for only gaining 7 pounds and for holding onto the small habits I picked up maintaining my weight loss. I’m ready to face where I’m at now, say okay well you did pretty okay in the circumstances you were in but it’s time to pick back up, and I’m ready to keep progressing now.

Thanks for all the encouraging things people post every day. It doesn’t always have to be a physical change. Taking care of yourself starts inside. Thanks friends, stay strong.

submitted by /u/k2t2b2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/332F03n

No comments:

Post a Comment