Saturday, September 26, 2020

Is it time I leave weightloss subs? I don't know what to do at this point...

This is sort of hard for me to write and I hope I don't offend anyone with what I'm about to say. I'm just looking for some advice on what to do.

I started my weight loss journey about an year ago and I've lost a significant amount of weight (50lbs) but I still have a bit more to lose.

I've frequented subs like 1200isplenty, cico, lose it, etc. since the beginning. Mostly for inspiration or to get that feel that I'm not alone in this. But I could never connect with the way the majority of people think there. I was active at first, posting recipes and commenting but after a while I just realized I don't fit with what's accepted in them. In short, I'm very laid back with my diet. I don't worry if I'm over today or I ate like crap, if I forgot to count something, if I don't know the calories of something and so on. I just don't aim to be perfect and it's the opposite in those subs and it's always made me feel insecure that I'm not doing something right.

When I read a title like "I ran today so I can have thisI dessert" or "there's delicious food in the fridge but I didn't eat it, I'm so proud of myself" I get chills. It makes my skin crawl.

I stopped participating and just lurk so I try to fast scroll by but it gets to me. I'm constantly torn between "those people have ed" and "if I was like them I'd lose faster".

And I don't know it's just that I feel as if, if I stop visiting those subs, I'll let go of myself and I'm still not done losing. I need the motivation they represent but I hate the vibe in them.

Any advice would be welcome.

submitted by /u/thro2aywy2yj
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mTGRzx

No comments:

Post a Comment