Sunday, September 27, 2020

Switched from cardio to weight lifting, no weight loss for 2.5 months

I’m 24yo, 6ft, 200lbs. I have been dieting for about a year and a half now. My starting weight was 270 so I am down a good bit so far. My goal weight is 185, so I have just 15 more pounds to go. For a year now I’ve been doing CICO and cardio. Ive kept my calories to 1800 most days of the week. The last 2.5 months I’ve been doing compound weight lifting 3 days a week and cardio about 2 days. I’ve lowered my daily calories to 1600 a day, making sure I get a lot of protein. I have 1 cheat day a week where I go a little above 2000 calories. I weigh and log everything I eat.

I have not lost any weight for the 2.5 months I’ve been lifting. I’ve been making good gains adding about 5 lbs every workout. Am I just replacing fat with muscle? That seems likely but I haven’t seen any difference on the scale at all. Before I started lifting I was losing 2 lbs a week steady and now I’ve flatlined. Is there anything I can do to get over this plateau? Right now I still consider myself skinny fat I know there’s still a lot of weight to be lost.

submitted by /u/Hempyhappy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3icMq8p

No comments:

Post a Comment