Saturday, September 26, 2020

Can a temporary diet get you past a plateau?

M/19/255-260

Hello! I finally decided to start losing weight this year, and so far it’s gone great! I cut out soda and have lost about 30lbs since May.

But I’ve been stuck on a plateau for a little over a month now. I’ve kept my eating/lifestyle habits largely the same as when I was losing weight, but it all of a sudden just stopped. Now I’m stuck somewhere between 255 and 260, and I can’t seem to get any lower.

Anyway, I’ve found that I struggle a lot with long term health commitments. Honestly, the only reason I even started losing weight was because of an epiphany I had on LSD. That means I’ve never even made an “unassisted” decision to go on a diet. So I don’t think it’s possible for me to commit to a big, long term change right now.

So because of my commitment issues, I’ve been wondering if I can do a temporary diet to help push me over this hill. I figure if I cut down on carbs (and completely cut out alcohol/fast food) for a few weeks, I can get my weight loss started again and then slowly return to my current weight loss “strategy”.

My worry though, is that once I decide to “end” the diet (or give up, whatever comes first), I’ll climb right back up to 260.

So is it possible to do a temporary diet in order to kickstart weight loss again? Or do I really need to commit to a more long term solution right now?

submitted by /u/JarJarJacobs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cLguat

No comments:

Post a Comment