Wednesday, September 23, 2020

How a visit to the hospital for a sinus infection changed my life.

SW: 414.7lbs | CW: 404.8lbs | GW: 225lbs

I’m 18M and I’ve been fat my entire life. I always ate poorly and never got a lot of exercise. I got a sinus and upper respiratory infection in December, which led to my mom having my dad take me to urgent care since she was concerned about how I was breathing (even though I thought I was fine lmao). I went, was sent to the ER because the doctors were concerned about my blood pressure and heart rate. A month or so later I was given blood pressure medicine which I take to this day.

Fast forward to the beginning of September. My mom took me to the doctor for one last time before I was sent off to college. She said that my blood pressure was looking good and that we should return in a few months. We went to dinner and the next day was time for me to go. We went to Walmart when we arrived in my college’s town for some supplies and they dropped me off. That’s when I decided to start my weight loss journey.

I have been mostly walking around campus each day and I walk everywhere I go, including to my local Albertsons. I go to a restaurant to eat once a week and I’ve been beginning to watch my calorie count with an app called Lose It. I started going to the gym last week where I lift weights (not ready for the treadmill yet 😬) and use an exercise bikes. I started using the scale last week as well and saw that I was at 414 lbs, which was very concerning to me. I decided to work vigorously and change my diet a bit. For now I only have three meals and one snack a day, drink water and milk almost exclusively (with 1 can of diet soda a day though sometimes I don’t have one at all), and make sure to walk outside as much as possible. Friday (or Saturday if my family is visiting that week) is my treat day. What could be a better day than that?

Today I went and lifted some weights for a couple of minutes and went to the scale. I stepped onto it after pulling it further from the wall a bit (so I could be stable on it) and was impressed that I was only 404.8 lbs, meaning I lost 10 pounds in a week. I got a major confidence boost and have decided to go to the gym and work even harder from now on. The scale might have been inaccurate before because I hadn’t moved it from the wall the previous times, but as far as I’m concerned I’ve achieved a small victory in weight loss for possibly the first time in my life. I feel happier and a little bit healthier thanks to my workout routine and of course the Lose It app. My goal weight for now is around 225.

TL;DR Went to the hospital, diagnosed with high blood pressure meds, started college and working out, lost 10 lbs in about a week.

submitted by /u/WhatABunchofBologna
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iWGhi8

No comments:

Post a Comment