Saturday, September 26, 2020

I’ve been up, I’ve been down, I’ve been up again, and now I’m coming down again. Here is some of my story AMA

https://imgur.com/gallery/afGGV6Q

When I graduated HS 17 years ago at this point I was up over 350lbs. I found a small website that explained calories in calories vs calories out, and for the first time it made sense how I was going to lose weight. It became a system of numbers rather than some unknown force. I started lifting, cutting calories, and progressing for the first time in my life.

I eventually ended up down at 235 over the next 2 years. Then for the first time ever I was getting attention from girls!!! And I felt confident, and started partying, because I had felt the need to make up for the lost time when I was overweight.

A few years later I ended up getting into a marriage where we both just weren’t ready for. It ended up really derailing my fitness goals. When things went south I started lifting again where you see the 2010 pic. I was soft and doughy as the weight started going back on. Eventually got a divorce, and the lifting kept me sane... but I never really got my diet back right. I ate everything and anything.

Fast forward again with a couple ups and downs to 2017 I ended up at an all time heavy weight. See the March 2017 pic. I had some high blood pressure and they tried to put me on meds.... I decided screw the meds and once again started my weight loss journey with the lifting.

You can see in oct 2017 I dropped some weight, and over the past 3 years there have been some breaks and small ups and downs, but never fully gave up. I also have an amazing fiancé who lifts with me, and supports me in my journey. I also am working with a great coach now.

It’s a long journey with ups and downs, but you are never too old to be a better version of yourself.

submitted by /u/Nottheonlyjustin84
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/368xw0P

No comments:

Post a Comment