Saturday, September 26, 2020

Calorie deficit as a fairly small person

hello,

I am pretty short (142cm, currently at 45kgs) and I'm looking forward to losing a bit of weight (40kgs), I installed this calorie counter app and it does all the calculations for different weekly weight loss rates. However, it says that even at the slowest weight loss rate (0.25kg/week) the recommended daily intake is lower than 1200kcal, it calculated a value of 1025 kcal a day. That seems pretty low, and I assume it might be because whatever formula it uses doesn't work very well for people who are unusually short or tall? Should I just ignore it and aim for the minimum of 1200 kcal for women, or is it safe to go for 1025kcal since I'm shorter and thus require less food?

thank you in advance and sorry for bad grammar, I'm not a native English speaker

submitted by /u/alienlen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j1xCuG

No comments:

Post a Comment