Wednesday, September 23, 2020

How do you put weightloss out of your mind on a daily basis?

TLDR: Losing weight for almost 5 months. Great progress, but still a long way to go. In the past week or so I have started looking in the mirror more looking for physical differences and wanting to weigh myself more frequently. Starting to become a bad habit - how do you put weightloss out of your mind on a daily basis?

I was wondering if other people are going through the same thing.

I am on almost the 5th month of my weight loss journey and I have gone from 262lbs to 221lbs and aiming for 192lbs.

I have formed good habits, feel healthier, eating better, exercising more, clothes fit better / down a size and I haven't hit a plateue yet (ie I have lost 1-3lbs each week since I started).

I gained most of my weight around my stomach and chest and it is the last to go. It feels like the remaining 30lbs I have to lose are all in that area.

While I have lost 9 inches around my stomach at least. It feels like I have lost weight proportionally (ie a little bit everywhere) - so my stomach and chest still look almost as fat as when I started proportionally.

Before I would put weightloss out of my mind until my weekly weigh in, but I have started to develop a bad habit this past couple of weeks of whenever I am in the bathroom looking in the mirror for physical differences in my stomach and being tempted to weigh myself daily.

Even though I know there won't be anything to see day to day, etc. and the logical reasons for this.

My main concern is that if I keep doing the above and start weighing myself daily, I might start to feel down about lack of progress.

I am not sure why I have started to have this shift in mindset. I was much happier when I would just jump on the scales at the end of the week and see progress.

When you are on a long weightloss journey - how do you put weightloss out of your mind on a daily basis?

If you are on a long weightloss journey - has the above happened to you and how did you deal with it?

submitted by /u/iiiSushiii
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HpLtgy

No comments:

Post a Comment