Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Tips for someone preparing to go on a weight loss journey as someone with former disordered eating habits (Marked NSFW for brief mention of ED and marijuana use just in case)

Hello! I've spent quarantine having the worst eating habits and not leaving bed much at all. I'm at my highest weight ever and know I need to make real, sustainable changes to my lifestyle very soon. However, the last time I lost a substantial amount of weight (20 pounds) was in high school, and was either due to or happened alongside me purging pretty much everytime I ate. I was also exercising at the gym for at least three hours every day.

I'm now at the point where I'm ordering DoorDash daily, sometimes more than once. I'm a very picky eater and I don't know how to approach finding new healthy food I enjoy. I smoke quite a bit of cannabis, and I definitely get the munchies which also makes junk food tempting. I'm a college freshmen and still live at home, and I eat in my room exclusively unless my family isn't home.

I love the outdoors and walking but I honestly feel physically uncomfortable, so I'm looking for both fat burning and simple bodybuilding techniques that aren't too hard on the joints. Everytime I've had to run for P.E or whatever for the past four years or so I've thrown up. I don't know if it's a real physical issue from being out of shape or if its more psychological, but the thought of running now is so humiliating.

I want to actually lose the weight and keep it off this time and not torture myself the whole time. I've given what I think is relevent information about me in order to hopefully get some useful info? I have a few specific questions

- What are some healthier options for munchie food? Things that satisfy the craving for things like chips, candy, etc.?

-How can I get more fruits/veggies in my system as a picky eater? There are very few vegetables I actually enjoy, and I have no idea how to pick out or cook produce. How can I get over my weird fear of trying new foods?

-What are some low impact workouts I can do , and what are some ways I can quantify my progress to keep track of it? I know you can track pounds lost or new heaviest weight you can lift, but what are some ways to quantify actual physical fitness, heart-health wise and such?

-Does anyone else have that problem with throwing up from running? It happens pretty much anytime I push myself (which is basically anytime in a group setting) and I honestly don't know why it happens or how to stop it.

thanks to anyone who took the time to read this. the last time I made an attempt at getting down to a healthy weight, I took it into my own hands and I did it very wrong. The thought of retackling weight loss is kinda terrifying, but I'm ready to do the work. I finally want to feel like I can do physical activities again, and I want to stop feeling like I have to hide my chin whenever I'm lying down. please leave tips, and also other resources on these issues!! I know this is a process and I want to really learn how to feel in control of my body again. Thanks ! ☺️☺️

submitted by /u/izzylynng02
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kMYY8x

No comments:

Post a Comment