Thursday, September 24, 2020

A positivity post: Have you found ways to make exercise and dietary change a more enjoyable experience for yourself? I would love to hear all about it!

I've recently discovered the joys of walking on the treadmill and watching Forensic Files. It's become an (almost) fun activity where I get to watch something I really enjoy, then go for a lovely shower afterwards and use all my nice toiletries and skincare products.

I've always struggled with disordered eating habits and thoughts but as of late my mindset is less about weight loss in the short term and more about success in the long term. This new part of my routine is now coming from a place of self care rather than self punishment and I love it!

I've had years of therapy, mindfulness, and trying to be generally more mindful of my emotions when eating. Finally at the age of 25 I feel I've made a mental breakthrough of sorts. That coupled with my new routine and supportive family environment has been really beneficial for me.

ps. Don't underestimate the power of a brisk walk! You can get a great sweat going if you up the pace 😁

submitted by /u/Kyogre_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j2b2Ce

No comments:

Post a Comment