Thursday, September 24, 2020

[Century Club] September 24, 2020 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you!

I have often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays. I recently suggested that we try out having a regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way and those who are just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Welcome back to the Century Club! Each week I will provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by previous posts. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous topics: Funny Stories - Schedules - Fun - Health - Exercise - Denial - Headwinds - Streaks - Other People - Toolkit - Breaks - Support - Clothing - The Unexpected - Self-image - How do you end your journey? - What made it click? - Loose Skin


Today's Topic: Seasons

Welcome to Fall/Autumn! Since our 100 lb journeys will usually take around a year or more this week has me wondering how your habits change with the seasons. Either during weight loss or afterwards in maintenance.

For me this summer in particular has been a unique time to spend more quality time with veggies and my grill. We signed up for a 20 week CSA share and that makes up for a good chunk of my meal planning for the week. I need to come up with recipes to use up the veggies. There's a lot of cold food salads, hummus, baba ganoush, or some meat and vegetables on the grill. As the weather turns colder I make more use of my Instant Pot. I will typically make 1-2 soups or stews during a typical week and throw a squash in the Instant Pot or oven as a side dish or most of a meal.

This summer, aided by the coronavirus restrictions that keep me from traveling for work as much I've been keeping up with a pretty consistent 10K every other day outdoor running volume. I hope I can keep that going for another couple of months. I already dug out my cold weather running gear and have been looking to add another set so I don't necessarily have to wash them or re-wear gear that has been sweat through. I expect that my volume will go down in Jan/Feb/March and that will bring my activity levels closer to lightly active or sedentary. My diet will have to adjust. I also dug out my hiking shoes and have been moving my recovery walks to the conservation area near my house and doing a bit more hill walking/hiking.

What about you Centurion? What changes for you with the seasons? What are you looking forward to or concerned about in the next 3-6 months in your journeys?

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S8CAdv

No comments:

Post a Comment