Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Down 24kgs (53lbs) in 11 weeks! Thank you r/loseit

This is my first post here so I'll give a bit of backstory to how I started my weight loss journey.

I've always been the fat kid, like... the fattest kid. I grew up putting weight on gradually just based off my family's diet but when I was 10 I had some family issues which saw me move in with my mum. For the next two years I would have take away every night, if not every second. As you can imagine, I ballooned in size (I wish I had some numbers for you, but I didn't care enough to actually weigh myself, all I know is that I was putting on weight fast).

After these couple of years the family issues sorted themselves out and I'd now live some days with dad and some days with mum. I went back to the gradual weight gain again from the diet I was given.

In year 9, I liked this girl but didn't feel confident asking her out because of my weight, so I started a diet which saw me lose 10kgs (from 120kgs to 110kgs) but later that year she moved schools and I now didn't have my motivation to continue my weight loss.

Where I am located we have had two separate stints of lockdown. During the first stint I was doing minimal exercise and eating a lot more due to boredom and more free time. This was another ballooning period for me and after that initial lockdown ended I went to my dad's house and he mentioned what I already knew. I was morbidly obese. I am a 17yo, 6'3", weighing in at over 180kg.

I now vowed to make a change, and for no other reason than for myself. It wasn't because I wanted to feel more confident asking a girl out, it was for me, only me!

In the second stint of lockdown I got started on a food service which plans out every meal for your whole week. It's an Australian company so I don't think a lot of you will know it, but it's called Lite n Easy. For the first 6ish weeks I was eating just what they gave me and was losing about 1.5kgs a week, but I didn't do a whole lot of exercise during this period.

Since then I have fixed my bike and have been able to go for rides which helps not only my physical health but also my mental health. I am feeling on top of the world and the crazy thing is that I'm not even anywhere close to my goal weight yet I still feel so much better. I cannot imagine how I will feel when I eventually hit my goal weight.

I have so many aspirations for the future and I have a better outlook on life.

submitted by /u/FreeVegetable
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3l4OQbj

No comments:

Post a Comment