Friday, September 25, 2020

Husband wants to lose weight but is TERRIFIED of being hungry

Looking for some advice, articles, or whatever to help out my husband as we begin a weight-loss journey together.

He says he wants to lose weight and I KNOW he is frustrated with how much he has gained with the pandemic. I am starting my own weight loss and am aiming to lose 20 lbs with CICO - about 8 of those are pandemic pounds. He needs to drop probably 50-60 lbs but is terrified of weighing himself, admitting how much he needs to lose (because it seems overwhelming to him), or "being hungry" at all, ever. Like he gets panicky if he feels like he's not going to have enough food. He thinks if a dinner isn't well over 1000 calories it won't be nearly enough, so he's reluctant to try meal services or plans (usually 600-800 cals) because he thinks he'll starve. He often snacks quickly after meals no matter how much he just ate. If a meal doesn't have meat as a main ingredient he talks before we even start eating about how it can't possibly fill him up. You get the picture. I don't know how to combat this mindset and obviously, I can't change it for him but I'm hoping to point him gently in some healthy directions to investigate on his own.

For the record, he loves to walk and we often walk 4-6 miles a day. Not every day, but usually at LEAST 3-4 times a week and sometimes 6-7. So he does get a good activity level.

When talking about diet options I'm unsure what to recommend to him. We ate pretty much Whole30 for a number of months last year and he liked that because it doesn't overtly restrict calories, but neither of us lost much weight on it. I also had to plan and make EVERYTHING and I just don't know if I can do that this time, for various reasons, and I'm not crazy about Whole30, for various reasons. I know I can't own his diet plan for him, and would like to empower him to own his destiny. So give me your suggestions, please! Either for me, on how to help and support him, or specific advice for him that I can share. :)

submitted by /u/takeahike75
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mPcTwp

No comments:

Post a Comment