Friday, September 25, 2020

Secretory Phase Plateaus (menstrual cycle)

After tracking my weight loss for 5 months, I have come to learn that the two weeks between ovulation and my period, I always plateau. And then 1-2 days before my period, the weight comes off in droves. I’ll “lose” 1.5 lbs the first day of my period, then another pound the next day, etc. Over the week of my period and the week after, I am losing weight again.

It almost feels like all the weight I should have been losing comes off the days right before and first days of my period. And then I lose very steadily (1-2lbs/week) for the next two weeks... and then back to a plateau.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I average where I want to be (1-2lbs a week or 4-8lbs a month), but I get nervous when the scale drops so significantly all at once. My only idea is I’m retaining the water to replace the fat loss or something else with my hormones is happening.

submitted by /u/washedupandused
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kNHKaP

No comments:

Post a Comment