Saturday, September 26, 2020

Reverse Diet

I have been in a gradual calorie deficit for around 3 months now, currently down to around 1700 calories per day. I have started to weigh myself every day to work out the average over the week but I have came in at exactly 67.4kg for 10 days straight so around 148lbs. (for reference I am 6ft and waist is now 31cm).

Although I am still storing a low amount of fat in my lower stomach I am at a level of leanness I am happy with. During lockdown and the weight loss I have lost a lot of muscle and want to build it back without putting the fat back on. I have been through this before and put the fat back on too easily.

So from what I understand I want to reverse diet which is a gradual increase in calories back to maintenance. However, I feel like my current calories is maintenance but I understand there may be a "range" that I can work with. And how slow is "gradual"?

Shall I just increase calories on a weekly basis until I put on weight, take a step back, and stay there? Is it the case that I can remain lean whilst building muscle if I am at the higher end of my maintenance calories?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/87on
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i2Oz6z

No comments:

Post a Comment