Monday, September 28, 2020

I started a week ago. Down six lbs but I feel like I'm cheating?

I hit 200lbs (5'6") a few weeks ago; my heaviest ever. I acknowledge that I am an emotional eater and, due to Covid and a bunch of other crappy stuff (including my husband losing his job last week), I was/am unable to deny my strong, strong need to feed. I come from a background of trauma; junk food was my only comfort for the first 25 years of my life, I'm 50 now.

I asked my Dr. for an appetite suppressant and she gave me 30 day prescription. (I was really surprised she agreed). I started Noom on the same day so that I could try to fix, or at least understand, my fucked up mental relationship with food. I have lost 6 pounds so far, but I feel like I am cheating because the appetite suppressant has completely killed any desire I have for food. I am doing all the Noom reading and exercises, tracking calories, getting in more activity - but it feels too easy. Noom has me on 1200 cal a day which would have killed me before - I have tried many, many times to eat 1200 cal a day and was absolutely unable to do it. Now I am eating 900-1100 cal a day with no hunger. If I hadn't gotten meds, I probably would have ended up with some kind of weight loss surgery in another 50lbs. I now realize that I would have felt like I was cheating there too.

My husband is SUPER supportive and encouraging, telling me how proud he is of my first week. I don't feel like I deserve it. I have lost weight before and it was really freaking hard. This isn't hard yet and the quick loss is really encouraging - which makes it even easier. How can I mentally validate this so I feel like I deserve it? Does anyone understand?

submitted by /u/pammylorel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36cZdWc

No comments:

Post a Comment