Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Things that helped me in my weight loss journey

Make your bed

Keystone habits are defined as “small changes or habits that people introduce into their routines that unintentionally carry over into other aspects of their lives.”

A great example of this is logging your food. If you log everything and I mean EVERYTHING, studies show that you may loose double the average amount, clean up your eating, become more productive, and many other benefits! I personally log everything I eat and I find that not only do I want to eat cleaner to avoid the regret of having to write down something not as clean, but I also know what foods don’t sit as well with me. The downside to this is the strength it takes to write down everything you’ve put in your mouth on a bad day and then see the total (I struggle with this and am still working on grace and my emotional eating).

However my favorite example is, make your bed. Making your bed takes less than 5 minutes of your day and then you’ve accomplished something. That accomplishment gives your brain a sense of success and it will continue to look for more throughout the day. This also has many benefits including sticking to a budget.

Eventually keystone habits build harder habits, so wake up and make your bed!

submitted by /u/LostSuggestion1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3couqqp

No comments:

Post a Comment