Thursday, September 24, 2020

NSV - Sit in my New Chair Comfortably

In May I decided if I was going to have to work from home often that I wanted a nice chair that was going to be more comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. When I finally got it at the end of June I was really really excited. I built it and immediately started using it. 2 day into using it the outside of my thighs were tender from sitting on the raised lip of the seat, by day 3 my ankles and feet were constantly swollen and it was uncomfortable. The part I remembered the most were how swollen my toes were that they were no gaps at all between my toes, it was like having 2 big bricks at the end of my legs. I tried putting a pillow on the seat to raise my butt above the molded seat, i tried putting up my legs while sitting, I did everything I could think of to modify the chair so I could use it! After 1.5 weeks I finally decided to ditch the new chair and went back to my old chair. About a week later my legs were back to normal. I was extremely disappointed because I spent so much on the chair.

Now here's where the NSV comes in. Right around that time I had also just started training for a triathlon, an easy goal to work towards to get in some exercise without having to go to the gym (this is important for the story). I've been consistently Running, Biking, and Swimming from June to today (Mid September) 5-6 workouts a week. I lost 5lbs in the first 4 weeks and have maintained at 270lbs (obese for my body).

Recently I have had a few people in the 2 weeks tell me I looked like I was slimming down despite my lack of weight loss. Well yesterday I started siting in my new chair again (never got around to returning, whole other story). When I sat in the chair, my BUTT and THIGHS actually fit in the Cupped chair! My thighs no longer sit on top of the raised lip of the seat and I haven't noticed any swelling in my legs! I'll keep watching for the next week but THIS WAS A HUGE VICTORY for me. The chair is also FAR more comfortable than I had imagined.

submitted by /u/Reyeda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RTRl3p

No comments:

Post a Comment