Friday, October 9, 2020

24M - 5’ 9” - SW: 274 - CW: 201 - GW: 180 (progress AND advice)

WL GALLERY

In Spring 2016 I started my weight loss journey. My freshman year of college I put on some weight cause I didn’t work out regularly. Heart problems run in my family and I decided I’d beat it to the punch by doing some running regularly to help my heart health. I have lost family members due to it.

I have always been bigger, but I was fairly athletic in high school doing swimming classes, marching band and sports. I was “fit but fat” and could keep up with some of the skinnier guys.

Fast forward to now. I’ve been up and down, back up to as high as 218 and as low as 194 at one point. I’m very proud of where I’m at but I’m looking to keep going.

Current routine: 45 minute endurance run 2x a week, 1 day of HIIT sprints (45s on, 1:15 off), 1 day of a 1800ft elevation over 2 mile hike in 50 minutes. Push ups and sit ups between Call of Duty games on off days. Sunday totally off to watch football (other than sometimes a walk). Working to get the runs longer and fit in another sprinting day. Work an office job but walk around the office and spent this last summer biking to work regularly.

5 days a week IF (aiming for 8:16 but ends up being more like 6:18 due to work schedule). Weekends I do light meals. Try to avoid carbs but not completely cut it out. (Lettuce wraps, open face instead of sandwich, etc). IF has changed my appetite and I’m honestly not nearly as hungry as I used to be anymore, and can portion way better.

I’d like some advice:

The last 20 pounds seems nigh unconquerable to me. I’ve got down as low as 194 but that is when I was broke in my masters eating maybe a tuna sandwich and a salad and protein shake, and working out HARD 5x a week. It didn’t feel good and I had very little energy.

The only hole in my diet is that I have a sweet tooth but I’m pretty conscious of limiting the candy I eat around the office, and I NEVER buy sweets for myself cause I WILL eat it all. I know a diet is the majority of where weight loss comes from but it feels to me like no matter how perfectly I run my diet, I will put the weight back on if I stop exercising. Body type?

Also, my chest is big. I am kind of self conscious of it and wonder if it makes me seem bigger than I actually am. It almost seems disproportionate and makes me want to collapse to hide it which leads to bad posture (ouch back).

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions as to maximize my efforts a little more? Would love to head the hive mind’s thoughts.

submitted by /u/Flamingrain231
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36TX81J

No comments:

Post a Comment