Thursday, October 22, 2020

BMR vs. Maintenance calories - help!

Around 4-5 months ago I started rectifying my relationship with food, and around 3 months ago I started getting regular vigorous exercise. I'm rarely hungry and have been successfully losing around 3lbs/week, which is approximately 1% of my total body weight (started around 340, now 285), so I presumed this was a high but safe rate of weight loss.

I'm generally eating between 1,500-2,000 calories per day. I no longer get particularly hungry, and if I start to feel hungry I tend to eat some lean protein or a healthy snack. However, I saw in another thread that someone was concerned that they aren't eating enough, as their caloric intake is below their BMR.

Am I going about this safely, or do I need to adjust in order to ingest more calories? I'm particularly interested in preserving lean muscle mass, though I'm willing to accept a little loss in that arena to get to a more comfortable weight.

Thanks very much in advance for your advice!

submitted by /u/ForteanRhymes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mfKezo

No comments:

Post a Comment